To follow, the latest style cues for interiors, from the Maison et Objet fair open from today until January 23rd
If Milan and Cologne fairs compete for supremacy when it comes to Furniture (with a capital letter), in terms of décor Paris holds the undisputed supremacy. From today until January 23, at Villepinte is held the fair and in the meantime, comme d’habitude, the Paris Design Week overwhelms the city.
Maybe it is still early to outline real trends, nonetheless, what is immediately evident is that the New continues to look back to the past with nostalgia; the vintage style seems to lend itself to identifications with elegance and refinement. It has not always been this way, but for at least a decade, to draw inspiration from the past seemed to be reassuring: which results in soft colors, round-shaped accessories, and a (just waning) triumph of the upholstery.
Following the order of the gallery, here is a brief preview:
- A pale pink mise en place for the brand La Gallina Matta
- Radian complements, design Studio Klass for Ligne Roset
- Carpet by CC tapis
- Plateau Collection, in bamboo, design OEO studio for the Japanese brand Kohchosai Kosuga
- The Covet Lounge stand, dedicated to the luxury contract industry
- Armchairs in pastel colors for the British brand SCP
- The latest products presented by Luxxu Modern Lamp are definitely revivalist